Tuesday, January 27, 2009


Gong-xi-freakin'-fa-chai everybody!

Yeah, pass those oranges around and leave those red packets full of cold hard earned cash on people's doorsteps, bull out those barbequed pork and sit down on your couch with a hot cup of tea :D

...

Ok, maybe that's not what you guys did, but...

Ah, you know. Goddamn it. -.-

Anyway, from today onwards I'll be talking bout different things instead of talking bout my everyday life. I'll be reviewing movies, recent and old, video games and even random stuff like...

I don't know, I'll think of something aite? Stop looking at me like that.

Today however, will be a movie review. Which movie you ask? Look at the poster above.

That's right, today or if you prefer tonight, I'll be reviewing Punisher: War Zone

REVIEW: All right, now if you're a big Marvel/DC comic book fan as I am or have watch the Punisher movie from 2004, you'll have gone on YouTube to look for the trailer several months earlier like I did.

As some of you may have noticed. Usually there are fake 'real' trailers going on, so comic book fans like me had to wait till the real trailer was released. The wait for the trailer was almost the everyday topic of every Punisher fan out there.

It wasn't until one fine day, I was going through YouTube and the vid popped up of nowhere and like any other fan of Marvel, I clicked it immediately. And I got to say, the hype of how the trailer would be like was damn well worth it.

Fans loved it, they loved the violence, blood and gore that was revealed in the trailer. There was no other word to describe the hype among fans other then 'Awesome'

For those of you who don't know the origin of the Punisher, I'll lay it out for you. Frank Castle was a Vietnam war veteran who has settled down with his wife ans have two kids, then one day by chance or fate, his family witnessed a mob execution while having a picnic in the park. Wounded but alive, Frank took a vow to avenge his family... And to punish those who hurt the innocent.

In this film, instead of taking off where the 2004 version. It's another remake, this time Frank Castle's in his 4th year as the Punisher and he's been taking down one mob family after another. Now, he has his sights set on an up and coming mobster: Billy Russoti, whom fans know was Jigsaw, the longest running enemy the Punisher ever had.

After a brief shoot-out at the docks, Russoti ends up in a gridning machine and it destroys his face. In the meantime, Castle finds out that one of the men he gunned down in the docks was actually a undercover cop, an innocent.

Basically, the film focuses on the Punisher, his battle with Jigsaw and the fact that he shot an innocent man and him trying to get over it... While blowing up a couple of heads along the way.

It was an ok way to go along with the film. Ray Stevenson really gave us a Punisher worth waiting 4 long years for, heck, I even hope that he will star in the sequel to this one!

My only gripe is that there could have been more action scenes and a longer running time. All in all, it's a good movie with a decent storyline, an awesome main character and amazing character developments.

4 out of 5 Punisher skulls!

Happy CNY everyone!

...

Dude, where's my red packets?!

No comments: