Thursday, October 4, 2007

Second strike...

Thursday, 4th October 2007...

The greatest challenge of all during the course of this war: Maths. It had taken us in for its little yearly test today. I was never good at besting that monstrosity... I guess I was lucky when I somehow managed to outsmart it when I was in Primary Six.

Of course, I don't think the others did so well either...

After the test was over, me, Rafiq, Khai, Farid and Suhairi took a slow walk over to the number 15 bus-stop. It's been a hard one on us all, I could tell. Although we were joking around, I can see it in their eyes and I'm sure they can see the nervousness in my eyes too.

Then I look at Rafiq... He was always the joker, able to get along with everyone else, never really worried about anything. But when I saw the look in his eyes... The uneasiness... It makes me even more uneasy.

It's gonna be a long day...

No comments: